Innovation Acceleration Panel Discussion
June 14, 2017
8:00am – 10:30am
The financial services industry is in transition, pivoting from regulatory driven transformation to innovation driven enterprise transformation. At the heart of this pivot is the sustained and accelerating pace of change driven by the myriad technology advancements and disruptions that are reshaping the industry. Strategic plans of years past targeted with siloed thinking about FinTech, Digital, AI/Machine Learning, Cloud, and Automation as individual topics must now be coordinated in order to unlock the true potential of the disruptive technology agenda. Innovation Acceleration will form the critical core of the new transformation agenda that financial institutions undertake as the pivot from regulatory to growth continues. Firms undertaking Digital Transformation will need to better integrate advanced analytics and new cloud-based, API driven ecosystems. Firms adopting RPA will need to evolve into more AI/Machine Learning based capabilities to drive Intelligent Automation. The Intelligent Automated enterprise will be the new business model and firms that can embrace this new operating model will win while those who do not may not survive.
Join the conversation! Tweet us @WSTAORG and use #WSTAfintech
8:00-8:30AM Registration and Breakfast
8:30-8:35AM WSTA Introductions
8:35-9:00AM Industry Perspectives & Moderator
Nikhil Lele, Principal – Financial Services, Ernst & Young LLP
Nikhil is a Principal in EY’s Financial Services Office, and is the Strategic Insights and FinTech Strategy leader in the Americas FSO. In his role, Nikhil leads EY’s business strategy, innovation strategy, strategic analytics solutions, and FinTech and disruptive innovation solutions serving clients across the banking, capital markets, wealth and asset management, and insurance sectors.
Nikhil leads a rapidly growing team across the US that is redefining traditional strategy by integrating unique competencies and capabilities across business strategy, innovation, FinTech, responsive design, and advanced analytics to provide the Strategic Insights and capabilities required to drive sustained competitive advantage in an era of rapid change and disruption.
Throughout his over 15 year career, Nikhil has sat at the interaction of business and technology, helping executives on both sides realize maximum benefits from investments made in IT. As an architect, strategist, program leader, process engineer, operations manager, and change manager, Nikhil has earned a unique perspective on how technology can be used to create value and competitive advantage.
Nikhil works with client executive teams to:
• Devise purpose-driven corporate and business unit strategies to capture/protect competitive advantage, drive sustainable value creation, and enable transformational change
• Reimagine business models to capture new sources of value, preempt disruption, and conceive of breakthrough ideas
• Develop and mature innovation programs, capabilities, and culture to activate innovations quickly and realize outcomes iteratively
• Embed advanced analytics into strategic planning and decision processes to enable continuous, predictive insight into strategic performance
As the FinTech Strategy and FS Disruptive Innovation leader (incl Distributed Ledger/Blockchain), Nikhil works with clients to:
• Scan and analyze the horizon of global FinTech innovations to identify business model impacts and growth opportunities
• Devise strategic response and corporate venturing strategies (eg acquisition, JVs, alliances, etc) to drive preemptive disruption
• Develop new partner ecosystems that combine rapid delivery, FinTech integration, and customer engagement to enable new value capture
• Engage FinTech accelerators and VCs to drive connectivity and engagement between FinTech startups and FS clients
• MBA– The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
• BS in MIS and Computer Science – The College of New Jersey.
9:00-10:30AM Panel Discussion
Agenda, Speakers and Times Subject to Change
WSTA Corporate and Individual members receive complimentary admission to WSTA Panel Discussions. To see if your financial firm is currently a WSTA member, click here. For information about joining the WSTA as a Corporate or Individual Member, please visit our membership page.
Not quite ready to commit to membership but would like to attend this event?
We invite you learn about our organization, its educational programs, and networking opportunities by registering as a community member. You will receive discounted admission to this seminar plus receive the Limelight e-Newsletter, Ticker e-Zine and notifications of upcoming educational seminars/panel discussions. This is only open to technology professionals employed at financial firms (banks, brokerages, hedge funds, insurance companies, credit unions).
The Yale Club of New York City
50 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY